Tuesday, March 31, 2009

An Anniversary to Remember...

Thursday was Jason and I's 6th wedding anniversary. We spent the evening at the La Callie' for the Mrs. Utah Gala. It was a beautiful event and the food was amazing. I was blessed to be able to share the evening and have the support of my mother, Dixie and my sister, Jen. Natalie, Lance and her family also shared our table -- we had a great time. The highlight of the Gala was watching my donated painting "Burning Billows" sell for high-bid at the auction. Fifty percent of the proceeds will go to the new Mrs. Utah and the other half will be donated to Autism Speaks. It's such a joy for me to be able to utilize my gift and love of painting to benefit such worthy causes.
Okay...now bare with me as I indulge myself a little bit and share some of the gushy feelings I have for my amazing husband! I'm so glad for the blessing and knowledge that Jason and I can be together forever, because a lifetime would never be enough for me. I love him so much. He is the best decision I ever made. We get along so well and really are best friends. It funny, we are such close friends that we have become a little anti-social through the years. We prefer to be alone together rather then with anyone else. If I had to describe Jason in one word it would be...Integrity. His has an amazing ability to handle and balance everything in life and still ensure that the kids and I have all the attention and love we need. It's rather miraculous. The Lord has certainly had a hand in our family's life and has richly blessed us. I love you Jason! Happy Anniversary.

2 comments:

Lindsay Ruiz said...

You guys are quite the handsome couple. You looked amazing at the Gala and I absolutely loved your painting. Such talent! We celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary in Nov. It goes by quick I think. Can't wait to see ya in oh, a week and a half. It's crazy that it's this close.

Natalie Murray said...

I'm glad you guys were able to spend the evening at such an amazing place & with great company!!!