Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Code Adam (again)

Why do mothers (speaking of me) become so desperate to get out of the house...that we dare pack up our three children - age three and under and venture to Walmart? Maybe I'm secretly hoping to lose one of my kids so I'll have less to worry about when I try to go places? (totally kidding)
So yes...today I lost both Ellie and Megan at Walmart. This is the second time for Ellie, she must be trying to set a record! I even made a special effort to get one of those double extra extra large carts that seat your children, hoping to survive a quick stop at the store. The girls lasted about five minutes until they took off running - I yelled at them to come back, but in kiddie language that means "run faster". So, by the time I retrieved the baby and the impossible to push jumbo cart and started chasing after them...they were gone. I raced up and down several isles - I then asked a worker for help. Then came this over the intercom..."We have a code Adam, I repeat a code Adam! Two small girls ages 2 and 4, pink shirts and pink shoes, both blond." Whoever found them would know they belonged to me because their pink attire would perfectly match my pink embarrassed face. They were found quickly (in the toy isle of course) I met them at customer service - they were both giggling saying "that was fun!" so again I ask... Why do Moms even dare leave the house with three little kids??? I don't know, they (meaning me) must be crazy.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I am already dreading the outings with three little munchkins. Tyson has this bad habit of hiding in the clothes racks . . .he sure thinks he is funny. Maybe there is a way I can tie their hands to the cart without looking like an abusive mother?!?

Natalie Murray said...

HaHa! The funny thing is that I think every single one of us mothers has had that happen to us at some point in time. I can say that I have never had a code adam called but I'm sure I would have been bright red too! My kids do like to hide in the clothes racks also. Little stinkers!!

Penny said...

Heidi, your blog is cute! Isn't it fun how much you can learn about someone just by reading their blog? Anyway, we should double-team our kids and go to WalMart together, or let me sit for you while you go--or something. Don't worry about the code adam too much. i've lost my kids lots of times, but just figure they'll show up sooner or later ;).

P.S. Could you be more accomplished? Your art is amazing--and Mrs. Utah?!? I'm lucky if I get my hair done each day. You are an inspiration!